DC Universe Online is a Free-to-Play, massive multiplayer online action game set in the popular DC Comics universe. Become one of a new breed of Heroes or Villains and wield incredible powers as you go to war with legendary characters such as Batman, Superman, Lex Luthor and The Joker.
First of all, i’ve like 300h+ in this game, much more than my Steam acc says.This MMORPG is fun, not a Mozart’s Requiem nor a Einstein’s Relativity Theory, but still fun, not that addictive (Big con for me when comes to a MMORPG), awful in some ways, it’s a little bit p2w (you can play this game and have great fun with it without paying a single dime), BUT in a 80% sale you can buy the Ultimate Edition very cheap, although its has a monthly subscription, it’s not important at all, only the expansions are important… However this game has its strong points.
– DC fans will love it, its very faithful to the DC Comics, great stories attached to instances/dungeons, awesome atmosphere, great voice acting. (that alone made me play this game for hundreds of hours)
– Singleplayer (Real-time) game combat system applied to an MMO for the first time (about damn time).
– Biggest freedom sensantion ever in an MMO.
– Synergy between abilities and skills are INSANE, makes you think what and when to combo/crowd-control, if you’re a Brainiac (see what i did there?), you can be almost invencible at PvP, cuz 90% of players are morons at those synergies…
– Very intuitive, almost impossible to get lost.
– HUGE amount of customizations for your character, not only in the creation, but ingame.
– Terrible interface, awful.
– Steep learning curve, specially at PvP, makes people quit very often, since PvP is open world present almost all the time.
– Queue system for Alerts/Raids/PvP are broken, estimated wait time 0% accurate.
– Matchmaking for Alerts/Raids/PvP are dreadful or non-existent, certain necessary roles aren’t present sometimes (lel) and you easily could be matched with a full team of non-experienced players against a full team of experienced players, so amusing. 🙂
– Chat system: Bleeeuuurrrggghh!
– Not that addictive for an MMORPG. (For me it’s a con for some ppl it’s a pro, haha)
– I love leveling up my character, it’s one crucial thing for me in every MMORPG, and DC Universe Online have the worse level cap i’ve ever seen, a non-experienced player could cap his character in few days.
– Pay to win in some way, but at least a cheap one.
I feel like the bottom line here and what makes this game fun or not is how much do you like DC Comics, as of myself i’m a fan, i love DC, but i couldn’t make my friends play it cuz they’re not familiar with the atmosphere, that being said, i only recommend it, if you’re familiar with DC Comics in some way.
I would say this game is a 7/10.
P.S.: I really don’t know how accurate my review is considering i don’t play this game since SOE became Daybreak (worst company of all time), but i’m assuming it hasn’t change that much.